"You're gonna lose a lot more than your pride, cowards!" - Trooper's battle cry
Trooper is the 2nd enumerated class in TC2, he is an offense class who specializes in explosives and crowd control, similar to Annihilator.
Trooper has 200 base health and a movement speed of 15 studs/second. He possesses a Stock Rocket Launcher which he uses it as his main weapon. The weapon fires in a straight line as a projectile, dealing 90 base damage.
With his high damage output, mobility and base health, he is considered a Power class, being one of the strongest classes in the game.
- Despite being the 2nd slowest class in terms of move speed, he can use his Stock Rocket Launcher and shoot himself in the feet to propel himself into the air, gaining a lot of mobility and speed. This is called Rocket Jumping and consumes about 50-64 health, however, equipping the gunboats will drop the damage to 18 health at the cost of your Shotgun.
- For rocket aiming, it is always advised to go for splash, shooting at the ground is much more reliable and consistent.
- As the Stock Rocket Launcher fires in a projectile, you should place rockets where you predict the enemy is going to next.
- The roamer is an aggressive playstyle for the Trooper. The primary objectives of a roamer are creating advantages off of which their team can push, aiding the Flankers defending the flank and getting behind the enemy as a decoy to hide for a pick or to relay information about the enemy's location. Being the most "disposable" and "reliable" unit of the team, a roamer is free to jump into the enemy, trying to get an important pick (e.g. the Demo or the Medic) to prevent (delay) a hostile push and/or enable their own team to push. The roamer usually tries not to stay with his team's own medic, preferably leaving the heals to the pocket and the rest of the team. Roamers mostly rely on health kits to maintain their health. If the enemy Doctor is 100% charged, a roamer normally wants to either kill him or force him to use his supercharge in a safe distance so they have an advantage from their own team, typically as the enemy Doctor passes through a chokepoint.
Typical roamer loadout
- The pocket is the Trooper assigned to protect the Doctor for the duration of the round. In 6v6, the pocket is almost always a Trooper, but in Highlander it can be the Trooper, Annihilator, or Brute.
- The three main goals of the Pocket are as follows:
- Protecting the Doctor
- Lead pushes
- Effectively use supercharge There are a lot of other roles the Pocket has to fulfill, these are just the main ones.
- The Pocket is a very important part of the combo, as it is an effective bodyguard for the Annihilator and Doctor due to his ability to tank damage and utilize explosive knockback. The Pocket's job is also to watch main choke points with the combo, and to punish any enemies who overextend near choke points. The pocket is where most of the fighting should be centered around, and he will usually lead his team into the fray.
Typical Pocket loadout
|Primary||Stock Rocket Launcher||Always|
|Cow Mangler 5000||Allowed||Allowed||Allowed|
|Personal Death Ray||Allowed||Allowed||Allowed|